Wellness & Fitness
Lafayette Physical Therapy is committed to the health of the community by providing a safe and enriching environment to help you reach your wellness goals. Our staff will provide a complimentary screening to ensure your safety and appropriate class selection to meet your specific needs. Certified instructors are able to offer individualized fitness with one-on-one personal training and Pilates as well as lead small group classes.
We have the ability to provide small group classes allows for individual, specialized attention and for the format and physical intensity of the class to be tailored to individual abilities.
Please note that our Weekly Schedule is subject to change based upon instructor availability and participant interest.
A qualified instructor guides a small group of participants through a fun and educational class to improve balance and confidence in a safe environment.
There are three levels of classes based on your individual need: Beginner I, Intermediate II, Advanced III, and Expert IV classes are available.
Bone Health & Fitness Class
Bone health is an increasing concern as we all age and it is important to stay fit and active to help prevent or slow the progression of conditions such as osteoporosis, osteopenia, arthritis and other related conditions.
This small group class will focus on appropriate aerobic and weight-bearing exercises emphasizing proper technique, alignment and exercises as well as instruction on activates and movements to avoid.
A qualified instructor guides a small group of participants in a fun and safe interactive environment to improve strength and fitness through mild cardio, use of light weights, and gentle stretching.
This class covers flexibility, strength, coordination and balance for optimal fitness.
Certified Personal Trainers provide one-on-one training for strength, conditioning, flexibility and core stability with personalized fitness programs that focus on what you want to improve.
Our trainers have extensive knowledge of fitness and body mechanics and have training in Pilates, TRX suspension training, and a variety of other methods.
Pilates Mat Class
Pilates is an exercise system developed by Joseph Pilates to strengthen muscles, increase flexibility and improve overall health.
Each exercise is performed with attention to:
- Proper breathing
- Movement patterns
Pilates strengthens the core, improves balance, increases coordination and decreases stress.
Our Pilates Mat Basics Class incorporates neutral spine education with modifications for low back pain and other common injuries. Please join us for a rewarding and therapeutic experience tailored to your needs.
Stay Fit Class Series
Our goal is to provide targeted workouts that address the whole body in a fun and functional way. The Stay Fit series works on upper body, lower body and core fitness. Participants will gain a good understanding of the importance of biomechanics, strength and stability in achieving sustainable fitness goals.
Injury prevention instruction and fitness program includes: addressing muscle imbalances, balance and cardiovascular fitness that lead to poor posture, increased the likelihood of injury, weakness, compromised performance, and fatigue.
Stay Fit Classes:
- Upper Extremity
- Lower Extremity
New To Wellness?
- Please arrive 10 -15 minutes prior to your complimentary screening to meet with our staff and get acclimated to our Wellness environment. The same advanced arrival is suggested for class times as well!
- Wear comfortable, breathable clothes that allow your full range of motion and appropriate footwear to become active in! Allow your attire to give you optimal performance instead of becoming a distraction in class.
- Come to class hydrated and bring a full water bottle. Rest and water breaks will be provided as necessary.
- Bring necessary equipment such as a yoga mat and towel. While some may be available on-site, it is suggested to bring your own to ensure that you are properly prepared!
- If it has been a while or you have never taken a wellness class before that’s okay! Every class is geared toward all levels from beginners to advanced students. Your instructor will help guide you through each step at the appropriate level you need!
Please contact our Front Desk at (925) 284-6150 for more information and scheduling.